Join us for Wild and Wacky Wednesdays this Summer 2013
June 19 , 2013- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Join us for a trip to Fort Gordon as we visit the Signal Museum, see a demonstration and eat in the chow hall. We will also go to play Putt Putt and grab some ice cream too. Bring your own lunch. Cost $15. Registration deadline is June 12.
August 7 – 8:30 – 5:00
Back to School Bash – bring school supplies and deliver them to a local school in the morning. We will also try to catch a movie at the theater and have water time in the afternoon. We will also be making back to school tags to distribute to kids on the first sunday back to school. Bring your lunch. Cost is $15.00. Registration deadline is July 31st.
CALLED and CONNECTED in Christ – God’s Amazing Mystery! Check out the pictures from our Wild and Wacky Adventures last Summer!
- KrocCenter – Climbing wall, water park,Bible Bonanza, gym access in Augusta,GA
- Thornwell Home for Children Where we helped landscape a cottage and jump in the swimming pool in the afternoon in Clinton, SC
- Aiken to SERVE! Where we made bulletin boards with residents for Anchor Health Center, picnic lunch,washed cars of folks in the congregation, toured the Golden Harvest Food Bank and enjoyed some ice cream time
- Carowinds Amusement andWaterPark in Charlotte, NC
Our Wacky Wednesday Adventures from 2011 – Take a Look Around!
- Creek Stomp at Sumpter National Forrest with the Wild Turkey Federation and environmental education program in Edgefield, SC. Ice cream in the afternoon!
- We all spent a day at Camp Gravatt in Aiken hitting some targets, balancing on the low ropes, canoeing, swimming in the lake, and building a birdhouse.
- Our group donated food and needed items to the SPCA in the morning and learned about taking care of animals. We read from Genesis 1 reminding us about God’s good creation. In the afternoon we acted out and learned how in God’s kingdom the first shall be last and the last shall be first. Rather than keep the ceramic plates they painted in their wacky workshop, the children decided to give their dinner plates away to rasie money for the Heifer Project. We were taught how to make the best fudge brownies from scratch also during our afternoon workshops and had fun taste testing their work!
For our last Wednesday, we headed to Columbia to the State Museum in the morning and cool off at the Palmetto Falls Water Park at Fort Jackson in the afternoon.
Peace with our neighbors, Peace with our environment, Peace with re-creation, and Peace in our World
2010 Wild and Wacky Wednesdays.
Mission and Movie Mania – visit Golden Harvest Food Bank, stuff supplies at the Red Cross, go to Boyd Pond Park to go geocashing, and catch an afternoon movie at the theater
Wild Turkey Museum and scavenger hunt, afternoon at Discovery Museum and ice cream in Edgefield.
Tracking Turtles for Jesus in Hitchock Woods and Wacky Workshops at the church in the afternoon.
State House Tour and Palmetto Falls Water Park in Columbia.