Growing in God
Jesus said, “The Kingdom of God is as if someone whould scatter seed on the groun, and would sleep and rise night and day, and the seed would sprout and grown, he does not know how. The earth produces of itself, first the stalk, then the head, then the full grain in the head. Buth when the grain is ripe, at once he goes in with his sickle, because the harvest has come.” Mark 4:26-29 (NRSV)
Our aim in Christian Education is for God’s children of all ages to become and remain intentional followers of Jesus Christ in order be a witness to God’s love and grace through Christian Education opportunities at South Aiken Presbyterian Church. We believe this can happen through witness and service, fellowship, study, worship, and sabbath opportunites.
What is Christian Education at South Aiken Presbyterian Church?
- The purpose is to help all people have a relationship with Christ and equip them to engage in the Church’s and Christ’s mission in the world.
- Using the Bible in educational ministry means that teaching the Bible in the Reformed Tradition is central to learning how to respond to God’s love in daily life.
- The Bible, although not literal, is written by humans, inspired by the Holy Spirit to instruct us in faith and show us how to make the world a better place.
- The content is teaching Biblical truths that show us how to know and love God, understanding Jesus Christ as our personal savior, and showing our Christian love for our neighbors.
- The teacher’s role in educational ministry is to, with a spirit of trust, love and acceptance, impart knowledge to allow learners to make responsible choices, to provide a Christian example in their daily lives, and to foster an environment that allows learners the opportunity to connect with and better understand the word of God.
- We believe the learner’s role in educational ministry is that learning is a lifelong process that happens in all church activities not just in a planned environment. Learning leads to a change in behavior, attitudes, skills, and knowledge. We recognize adults learn different than children and youth and is highly influenced student participation and by everyone in the group, not just the teacher.
Created by Curriculum Review Team comprised of teachers from South Aiken Presbyterian Church
Our Christian Education pages contain the following (to go to each page, click on the link or visit them direct from the home page):
Children, Youth and Adult Ministries
Sunday School 9:45- 10:45 AM, for all ages
Map of Classrooms on Sunday Mornings
VBS Vacation Bible School
Adult Education and Nurture Ministries - Besides our senior group, Young At Hearts (YAH) who have their own page, this page includes information about…
- Food 4 Thought Wednesday Evening sessions in the Fall and in the Spring
- Sunday School opportunities for all ages
- Bethel Bible Classes
- Retreats – Children’s Church and Church Wide Retreat
- Library Ministry
- Young at Hearts (YAHs) Senior Adult Ministires